Friday, February 2, 2007

Kenya Update 1

Kenya!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, this is my first chance to write!
I can now add Kenya as a foreign country I have driven in! (Kenya, India, Germany :))
Hmm... Where to begin? We arrived just 48 hours ago, but it seems like much longer. It is easy to feel completely at home here. Like this is where I've been forever.
We had some issues with the place we are holding the conference, but it is all ironed out and feels like a retreat. I will take pictures. I walk outside to see green around me and many flowers, trees, etc. and thank God for the beauty He allows my eyes to see...
The people. Ah, the people of Kenya. Truly wonderful. We are 72 in number now at the meeting, with more arriving tomorrow. What a joy!!! It has been great so far, and as I sit and stand looking at the beautiful, humble, wonderful peoiple I am surrounded by, I am in awe once again that God has called me to serve Him in this way. I am hearing stories of miracles, praying, asking God to release resources in this land.
I miss my family and friends, but am so very busy, too.
Thank you for your prayers. It doesn't seem like I could do justice with mere words the things I am experiencing and it would take too long, especially with this internet. I need to get return flights to America (some tickets for Steve, Stephen and I got cancelled) and will arrive back in the states sometime the 12 or 13.
I am grateful for the unity we have experienced, and we hope for much more. The leaders have been very comfortable with the serious teaching, please pray that as we move to more informal times together, that we can still experience that same unity. For them it might be hard to be chill...
We are working long hours and I have been doing a lot of organizational things, trying to straighten things out, and feel this meeting is going much more smoothly than India... As we sit with programs to assess how they are doing and dreaming with them, it is such a humbling experience that God would use me. So young, so inadequate to do this work. But I am so grateful!
Oh, I must go now, but I trust you are all well. Please email/write if you have a chance. You have no idea the life your words and prayers bring to me as I pour myself out.
Love you,
Jenny
PS - Still no jetlag and I'm feeling almost 100% now!!! Praise God!

No comments: