Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Breaking


John 16:24 says, ...ask anything in My name and it will be given to you.

I asked God to show me His heart for Africa. No answer.


I asked again for 10 days. I asked God to remove anything in me that keeps me from fully surrendering to and experiencing Him. I repented. I asked for forgiveness. I asked to be more like Him. I asked for His heart. I asked for Him to show me.

The sweetest thing happened last night.

He answered my prayers.

I can't say too much right now, but there is a call to do something about a nasty four letter word. AIDS. It is destroying a people, countries, a continent.

Hope

Mercy

Dignity

Replacing flowing tears with shouts of Joy

Truth

We have the key. His name is Jesus.

What if there came a time when young people knew the love of God and stopped

selling out to counterfeit love?

What if they said, I'm just not going there?

What if people stopped searching for the wrong kind of affection?

What if we shared Jesus with those who are shunned?

If you know me, you know I cry. A lot. But I don't think I have ever cried like I did last night. God let me feel His pain. I cried a little. Then I wept. Then I sobbed.

And sobbed. And sobbed.

Then I cried some more. Minutes, then hours passed. Still no relief. I asked God to show me His heart for Africa. He did.

Tears of weeping and brokenness put me to sleep last night, when I finally asked God to have mercy on me and just let me rest.

I got a glimpse into His heart for Africa, for India, for China. People are dying and they don't even know the TRUTH.

There are roses in Africa.

That is what God is doing in me. What does this mean? I don't know for sure, but I know I am changed. I am called to do something. Until I know more, I will pray. I will fast. I will weep with my Jesus.

No comments: