Sunday, February 4, 2007

Update 2 from Kenya


Update 2 from Kenya
> Greetings from Kenya! How are you all doing? I am sorry for the lack of > communication, but it is difficult to get online here... It is mid-day here and > I am once again in awe of our God... There are now 76 people here at this > meeting, and it is SOOOO hard to remember everyone's names! But their faces, > their stories, their testimonies are being etched in my heart. I am more and > more convinced of God's love for His children and for the lost. Please pray for > these leaders. This is one of the only times during their year that they are > served and get to rest. I am hearing story after story of transformed lives, of > God's mercy and love. We went to different churches around Nairobi and the > surrounding areas yesterday. I spent the day at Christian Church International, > at Juja, also known as Joy Fellowship. Mark from Ch. preached a message that was > such a good reminder to forget the things the world tells us and just follow > Jesus. It was a radical message for Africa, because degrees, doctorates, etc. > are a big deal here. Mark got everyone pretty fired up! Afterwards we met with > the bishop and had juice and biscuits in his office. I think that was a great > honor here, so am grateful for that... We shared lunch with my coworker Mary's > family. Cutest kids in the world, and immediately their two girls wanted to play > with my hair. They made it look more unique than anything I've ever seen before. > What fun! We were in a rural area, but it was nice, though not like anything > I've seen before. Have I told you how truly beautiful this place is and the > people! They are so sweet and dear. Luke, I did not get to dance really at > church, just a bit of swaying and clapping, but I did dance last night around a > bon-fire. It was sweet! There are pictures... The conference center had a huge > BBQ, cake, bon-fire, praise and worship time for us. It was so fun. A few of the > pastors and bishops who are here, led us all in dancing. I love African dancing! > I cannot, however, figure out how they move the way they do! This morning I am > busy meeting with Jorge from Latin AMerica to plan the meetings that will take > place in Bolivia in March. I am tired, with meetings going all day, mentor > meetings, assessments, etc., and so rejuvenated, and so in love with what God > has called me to! Praise God that I am pretty close to 100% healthy from my > India cold! And I have not experienced any problems with food, stomach... My > former coworker Lori from Colorado who is here in Kenya with her sister came out > to the center we are at last night and visited with us! So she got to meet the > people I work with! She kept remarking how sweet they are, and she is so right! > Alright, so that is what I have to say for now, without typing for the rest of > the day... I will send more updates hopefully soon. Please continue to pray for > discernment in this continent where there is so much growth, so many programs > who want to begin. We are more aware we need to be so careful with those we > allow to join us. Please pray for continued unity. It's been fun to see folks > praying together from around the world, around Africa. We have our day of prayer > and fasting tomorrow, please join us in praying. We expect God to show up in big > ways, as He has in the past. Tim and the team are teaching on local > sustainability right now, and so many of the leaders are already doing business > and mission, but many probably think this is very radical... Pray that our > creative God will impart creativity into them all! Thank you again for your > friendship and love to me and to us! Jenny

No comments: