Tuesday, February 27, 2007

27

Wow. Another birthday, another year older... 27. This is my Golden Birthday (27 on the 27th...) They say this only happens once in your life... (Thank you mom for bringing me into this world.)

What a year it has been, too. As I reflect on what last year was for me, I realize that it was one of the hardest years of my life and one of the most amazing years of my life. I cried, I grew, I loved, I laughed, I cried some more. And through it all, God was with me each step of the way, never forsaking me, never leaving me. I love Him.

I have a good feeling about 27. I think this year will bring more refining to my life. More joy, more love, more laughter. I think it will be a year of greater heights with God.

During the year of 26, I got to travel to Switzerland, India, and Kenya. I got to go to New York, Colorado, Virginia, DC, Maryland, Indiana. I said goodbye to my sister who moved to Switzerland, which was bittersweet. She is living her dream, and I miss her terribly.

I like to fly. I even like airports, even when I'm in them for too long. I have learned that I can be as happy in India or Kenya as I am in America. I am grateful for the favor and grace God has given me in other countries, in other cultures. I can be happy anywhere, and that is a choice I make.

I fell in love. Again. With Jesus.

I made some incredible friends here in Pennsylvania, and got what I wanted so badly. Friends who understand missions and have a heart for those who have not heard the Good News. Some relationships with friends from the past have become stronger and more beautiful. I am incredibly grateful.

I still don't have a home church. And I still feel like a foreigner in this land. But I know who I am and I am learning to be made into the likeness of God. So home is irrelevant. Feeling like I belong is irrelevant. Home is wherever I am with Jesus.

I'm comfortable in my skin. It's not perfect, but it is beautiful because it is what God gave to me and I choose to rejoice in the imperfections because they are made perfect in Him. I am learning to love myself, forgive myself, be more courageous. I am learning to think things through before I talk, to be more caring, to be more loving. I am learning what being selfless looks like. I am learning how to love others. Ah, but I have so far to go...

I sometimes want to pinch myself. I love that God has blessed me with how I get to serve Him, and the wonderful people in my life. I cannot imagine a life more wonderful than the one He has given to me.

So this year, I am blessed once again to be called His daughter.

No comments: