Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Final Update from India


Thank you once again for your prayers. I'm very tired today, looking forward to the next weeks, but a little weary, too.

I called Solo and Mary in Nairobi, Kenya this morning to check on them, see how they are doing. They sound like they are doing very well, and have already welcomed some leaders. I have been so engaged in these meetings, I haven't been as engaged helping them to plan in the past two weeks. I think they have done great, however, and we are looking forward to seeing them tomorrow! It is nice that we have an administrative coordinator in Africa to help Solo out and to take responsibility for the jobs I would have to do otherwise.

The Members Council meetings went well today. It was a long day of meetings, but we finished the whole agenda! We work with such a great group of leaders. Many policies and decisions were made today. The group is visibly tired at this point and in need of some serious refreshment! There have been many short nights this meeting for many of us. Many of us got four or five hours last night J and won't get much tonight, either.

Please pray for all those traveling home today and tomorrow and for the seven of us traveling to Kenya via Ethiopia in the middle of the night tonight. Galen, John, Mosa, Amos, Anne, Jacob, and I will travel to the airport at 10:00pm tonight for our 2:15am flight. We will arrive in Kenya on the 31st around noon (roughly 13 hours of travel/airports and some time zone changes). It's going to be fun to switch from one culture to an entirely new one and to experience something completely new to me once again. I have grown so used to the noises, smells, pollution, and mostly the dear people of India. I've even made some new friends among the staff of the YWCA.
God led me to share some encouragement with a young leader from N-pal last night after our Mentor Meeting with him. It was clearer that I needed to share with him than anything I can remember in recent history. As we closed our meeting praying for him, I sensed he felt like he was in a deep valley, fully covered by God, but finding no one (or very few) to walk with him. I shared with him that I understood even though he has been given many gifts, he often feels lonely, even when surrounded by many people. That I can see in him that he longs for someone to understand what God is doing in his heart, in his life. People don't understand him, since he can do a lot of things well, but even in that, he needs to remember the last clear call and stick to that. I felt that sometimes he is even singled out and his peers have a hard time fully accepting and encouraging him in his gifts. He really is so gifted, can communicate well, is a good teacher, a gifted worship leader, full of joy, can work with kids, adults, older people, and is so young – only 25. I also encouraged him that even if he doesn't have a clear vision, clear call, that his only vision and call needs to be Jesus, and to let Him show the way. I shared with him, too, that God has called me (finally, after years of wondering what God wanted me to do and having no clear direction) to what I hope will be my life call. To support, encourage, and go with the Church around the world to reach the lost.

Since I met him, I felt a very intense call to him, like he was my twin. And I found out today when his facilitator and mentor was sharing with me that the conversation really impacted him and that we have had very similar childhoods, similar testimonies, etc. There is such joy coming out of him, and I sensed that God wants to allow His joy to be complete in part through this young man. He kept clutching his chest as I talked and saying, "that is exactly how I feel". I was grateful that God asked me to encourage him. He has a cool name, too – it is Gopal. Pronounced Go-Paul. When he left today, I prayed for him and for his future wife. He will be married soon, and that excites me, as she will serve with him in whatever his call is. And so many of the things that he thought he would miss out on because of circumstances of his family, childhood, etc. were washed clean by the blood of Jesus and now he can share with this woman. I ask you to pray with me for this young man. There is something very special God is doing in his life.

God has been so good. I am amazed at what God is doing in these days. I am blessed to be here, to be able to serve God in these ways. I can't tell you what an honor it is to be a catalyst and be able to support those who are reaching the lost for Christ.

Tired, excited, and incredibly blessed one last time from India,
Jenny

No comments: