Thursday, January 25, 2007

Update 4 from India


Update number 4???
I can't remember what number I'm on for updates... So I guessed!
Wow, I wish you could be here to experience this! The time I have had here with these leaders has been so good for my spirit!
I just spent the past two hours speaking to a group of leaders from N-pal. Their walk with Jesus is so encouring and their faith and choice in having a very positive attitude as they serve is wonderful! We laughed about emails, mis-communications, etc. we have had over the past year. What a joy to meet them finally! ONe of their programs starts on my birthday, so they are trying to get me to visit then... WHich I cannot do... not this year at least. They told me a lot about their country and two of them lead treks into the Himalayas. I have been invited to join them sometime. Sweet. They asked me to close our time together by praying for them, which was an honor.
I also had to have a very hard talk today with a young woman who is here that was flirting with so many of the men. It was one of the harder conversations I've had to have and I'm so grateful that it went well. It took a while for her to understand, but I think she heard my heart in regards to that situation....
I finished two teaching sessions today, the second of which was translated into Telegu, which was difficult, because you have to pause, sometimes before a thought is finished. I think it went okay, even though what I was sharing was probably a bit boring :) and I kept losing my voice during the talks...
Some of us are sick still and I can't quite figure out what it is - it is a weird combination of cold, nausea, fever, sore throat, congestion. It comes in waves and hits hard, then you feel okay, then it hits again. The three of us who have it are the ones who went and dipped our feet in the Siek temple water... Hmm...
We have our day of prayer and fasting tomorrow, and we expect very cool things! God has always shown up in big ways on these days and I couldn't be more excited for this one!
I wish you could meet these people, I really do. Their hearts for the Lord are just incredible and truly inspiring. My faith is being challenged daily.

No comments: