Thursday, January 4, 2007

Call to Prayer for AM 2007

Call to Prayer Category: Jobs, Work, Careers
We had a meeting here today at work about prayer. As we met, it dawned on me that I should be more deliberate and disciplined in asking for friends/family to pray for Global Disciples and specifically for me. So, if you have a moment and would be willing to commit to praying during meetings, please let me know. I will be sending updates during my travels. If I don't hear back from you, I will try not to bug you with updates. Also, if you know anyone else who would be interested in praying, please have them send an email to me.
This task seems VERY overwhelming right now. There is a sense of "oh no, how will I ever get this all done?" happening to me right now. After 2006 Annual Meeting, I felt good about everything, that I knew what I was up to, but now it's all new again. I think I might be dealing with a bit of insomnia (you know, thinking about all that needs to happen, worrying that I have forgotten something, etc.), so please pray for rest for me leading up to the meetings.
My best friend called me yesterday afternoon and I went outside and walked for a while as I talked to her. It was nice to get my mind off work and to just enjoy her company over the phone and get some fresh air (THANK YOU, Christine!). I tend to forget to just relax this time of year. I thank God for little times of refreshing throughout the day. I remember last year, my friend Tim (who used to work here) reminding me to take time to unwind (thank you!).
During last year's meetings, there was a sense that God was speaking very clearly. I ask for your prayers today for the same outpouring of His Spirit and His Word. At each meeting, we will have a day of prayer and fasting together, as a group. Last year, it was an incredible time of fellowship with the Lord. The dates for prayer and fasting are January 26th and February 6th.
NOTE: For security reasons, I will not completely write out names of some countries.
Some points for you to be aware of:
Before I leave there are many duties to complete and tasks that are almost done and some I haven't even started yet. The Resource Manual (158 page book) that was updated now needs to be put together. The final copies are running as we speak J. There are volunteers coming in to help with various tasks. I need to make sure we have all flights and transportation as well as visas ready for each meeting attendee. This is no small task and we just discovered two days ago I had missed someone. Yikes. I am working with staff in India and Kenya to make sure all details are together, which is a difficult task since we all filter things differently and work differently.
I just took my first Typhoid vaccine today and it is making me pretty nauseous, I have three more doses left, so please pray I don't get too sick J. Once this vaccine is completed, I think I have almost every vaccine offered to travelers (eight in total). If not all of them, then I must be close.
Last year's meeting had right around 60 people. Two of the four meetings this year will have around 70 people each. It has dawned on me (I know, a bit late...) that I can't do this without a lot of prayer covering...
ASIA MEETING: January 21-31: I will be leaving on January 17th or 18th for New Delhi, India. I will arrive in New Delhi early in the morning (1:15am) and will begin preparing for and greeting other attendees immediately (well, hopefully I will sleep for a few hours first...). Our first meeting begins on the 21st after lunch. Please pray for safe travels, for good connections, and for the others traveling to the meeting. My flight times and airport times will be roughly 20 hours on the way to Delhi and the time change is 10.5 hours. Pray for jetlag to not be an issue.
During this meeting, there will be participants from many districts in India, N-pal, M-mar, B-desh, PRC (Ch-na), Philippines, Ind-nesia, Germany, U-stan, Zambia, Uganda, Bolivia, Ecuador, Canada, and of course, the United States J My duties (as far as I can tell from last year) will be to keep the meeting flowing smoothly, making sure everyone has what they need, input and notes for meetings, perhaps some evaluations, etc. I will also be responsible for some teaching, so please pray for that. I remember from last year, that I was joyfully exhausted and so I expect to be both incredibly happy and incredibly tired. It is such a joy to serve these leaders! I am looking forward to seeing some familiar faces as well as meet so many new ones. This is an exciting time of year. I get to meet the people I work for and have been praying for! This is also an incredibly special time, since this is the time of the year when the leaders are built up and encouraged, so when they go back to their homes, they are prepared to teach and send missionaries!
AFRICA MEETING: February 1-9: We depart January 31st for Nairobi Kenya. As you can tell, we only have one day between meetings, and it will be spent traveling. There will be many folks traveling together to that meeting from India (Yay!!!), which will make the 2:15am departure time more bearable J The flight times/airport times are as follows: 11.5 hours (not too bad!). We will have a layover in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia where we will meet up with more meeting attendees. No sleeping on our flights! The time difference between Delhi and Nairobi is 2.5 hours (eight hours different than east coast, US).
Participants for this meeting will be from Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Mozambique, Malawi, DR Congo, Burundi, Tanzania, N-pal, India, Switzerland, PRC, Mexico, USA, and Germany.
Meetings will be similar to Asia in duties, etc. with a bit more teaching. I will be able to see a former coworker, Lori, from Colorado while I'm there who will be on vacation in Kenya!
This will be by far the longest amount of time I have spent in airports/on airplanes ever, let alone in one month's time (56 hours total!!!) So that is what I'm up to these days! Exciting and stressful times, but I am so glad God has called me to do this. I really love it.
Thank you for partnering with me in prayer (as well as other ways!)
Once again, my heart and mind look at Philippians 2 and ask for prayers that God would help me to be a servant. Those verses seem to be something God has wanted to and continues to want to work in my life. That has been the cry of my heart for years.
'Til the WHOLE world knows...
Love to you,
Jenny Warner
Alliance Coordinator

No comments: