Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A little fun and stress-relief - Dr.'s Orders :)

I went to the chiropractor last week, feeling all sorts out of whack. He finished his adjustment, then stood me up, looked me in the eye, and quoted the Scripture over me, "do not be anxious for anything..." and told me that I need to release whatever is stressing me out and go have some fun. He then told Nate and I that we need to get away. So we did. We went on an impromptu 2 month-aversary trip to the Poconos. Friday, upon arriving home from work, we packed up the car in under an hour and were on our way. We made it to our retreat, campsite number 360something, built a fire, made some dinner, and started our quest for relaxation.

We only stayed for the night, and into the next day, but from the looks of things, I was pretty relaxed. Hammocks are awesome. So are hubands who agree to be spontaneous and go camping on a moment's notice :) Love it.






We saw a large boulder field. Literally a field of boulders. Odd.

Oh, I also figured out why I'm stressed. Besides lots of big changes in my life (marriage being a big one, even though it's completely amazing, it's still a transition). Work has been crazy. Not like running around crazy, but a sustained for over a year sort of crazy... I had a great time of talking with my boss this past week, and it was good to discuss things. I feel better now, and I am so glad I'm here! It's a joy (if I remember to let it be) to work at such a rapidly growing pace. It's hard sometimes, though, so we are praying for an assistant. We need one desperately. I am once again in awe that God allows me to join Him in this work. What a blessing!

One of my favorite things about my job is that we pray together. Not every once in a while, but EVERY DAY! Today during our lunch as a staff, Linda shared the verse out of Corinthians that talks about having our faces unveiled. She shared that it's not a one time thing, but that we continually need to be unveiled for God's glory. It was a good reminder. She then sent us off for 1/2 hour to get alone with God and to ask for His revelation to anything that might be keeping us from total freedom. Pretty sweet.

I have been dealing with a lot of fatigue and recently some really intense headaches since my trip in the winter to Eth./India. So I will return to the doctor tomorrow to see if there are any repercussions from the nasty parasite issue. My system is noticeably konked out. I have not been sharing this widely, as I've been trying to remain positive and trying to learn to trust God for complete healing. But Nate and Galen both feel I need to get some blood work done and some extra tests, so I will do that.

Last week, our boss shared the following verses with us out of Psalm 62: One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving.

AMEN! I thank God today for His strength and for His love. He is awesome in every way.

1 comment:

The JM Family said...

As one who has dealt with unknown chronic health issues, I am thankful you are finding some relief. While others may not fully understand your pain, it is a blessing to have partners, co-workers, friends, and family who surround you with love and care. We walk the journey with you. - Tim