Friday, August 1, 2008

Cheerful


My husband returns today from his first out of town work trip since we got married. We survived :) I'm excited to see him. He sent me a little cheer yesterday to my office. It was so sweet to receive flowers. Gerbera daisies are one of my all-time favorite flowers. They just seem so bright and cheerful! I know, I'm spoiled... I like it, though.

I went to the doctor yesterday, to find out, that I'm in fact... Stressed. He gave me an assignment to journal and try to figure out better balance and to allow myself to decompress. So I will. He said other stuff, too. But that's the main part. That through praying and journaling, and allowing myself to process instead of "survive" I should be able to help my body not take the brunt of the stress. I'm sure going to try it. Beats taking medicine! He also told me I need to learn to relax, turn my brain off a bit... Easier said than done sometimes.
Thank you for continuing to pray for me. There are so many changes and big things happening in my life with marriage, ministry, etc. that if I don't rely completely on God, I'm going to be in trouble. I'm on such a learning curve. Trying to remember my identity is in God alone...

Love you,

Jenny

No comments: