Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Spring - Time, Friends, and Fun!

Vanessa, Justin, Jenny, Nate at Justin's Baptism
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Justin gettin' dunked!

At the GD banquet at Willow Valley
With two of my favorite men at the ballgame!


First outdoor BBQ of the season with friends and Gabriel from Mexico City.


With the Merino's from Mexico City
With Amos from Zambia!
What a wonderful few weeks! I have been able to experience life with friends and coworkers here as well as with friends and coworkers from around the world! God has granted us favor and grace as we have come out of a wonderful time of banquets here at work. I got to see old friends and meet some new ones, too. My faith was stretched and I was forced to grow a bit more in my faith :)I have wonderful friends and family. Sometimes it's hard to imagine not being here, what life was like before this. I know I loved that, too, but I know I'm in the midst of something beyond me. Far beyond anything I ever imagined.I am gearing up for a meeting in Vancouver BC later this month (three weeks away!). I'm excited for this meeting as it will be a smaller version of what we've done elsewhere. This meeting will focus primarily on the North America/European programs and what God is doing in those regions. It will also be a time of refreshing as we head to Pender Island for the meetings.I have been attending a church here for a bit over a month. It has been fun (mostly to be with Kent and Erin again) and to just be somewhere. I haven't met very many people yet, but that will come in time.I got to go to my good friend Justin's baptism the other night. I love baptisms! They are one of the most exciting things for me to experience. The church service was incredible and worshiping the Lord with some folks I love was a beautiful experience. The pastor preached out of Mark 4 and I was blessed as he was explaining the storm and how the disciples were asking Jesus why he didn't care and why he wasn't doing anything. The pastor said, "it wasn't that Jesus didn't care, it was that He wasn't worried." Ah, isn't it refreshing to know that in the midst of storms, we have a Creator and Savior who cares, but isn't worried.God, help me to let you hold my life in your hands. I have nothing to worry about...

2 comments:

Paula Reyes said...

Jenny!! it´s so good to see your pics and read your blog!!!

Vancouver!! oh i´m missing this city. Have fun and say hello to the people there.

Blessings my dear friend!!!

Nik the Brit said...

dang, i have some pretty good looking friends....i love reading your blog, BTW, because its the only way i get to see your face cause I can't seem to in person!