Friday, May 11, 2007

Answered Prayers

What a joy to pray for the nations (this one and others, too!) I have recently been reminded over and over of the power of prayer. God has been graciously showing His faithfulness to us here at work and in other areas of my life.

I have recently been able to pray and see God's miracles in abundance.

One miracle was the birth of twin boys in a foreign country to a missionary couple from the states. The babies tried to come out five weeks ago at 27 weeks in a less than fovorable situation/country and God was faithful. They were just born at 32 weeks and are both doing better than expected. God is good!

One thing we have prayed for is the growth of the GDT Alliance. Not so we can have big numbers, but because, quite naturally, if there are more programs, there will be more missionaries GOING. Praise God. We now have the privelege of working with 74 programs around the world (there were 26 in January 2005). It seems that almost daily lately, I have received an application for a new program. Multiplication is happening. We are blessed. I hope I see the day when workers are sent from every country to every nation, tribe, and tongue. I am still relatively young, so I'm praying hard for that to come true!

I prayed so hard for months when I moved here to make good connections with friends. I have been blessed beyond what I could ask or imagine in that department with friends old and new. Some of them challenge me SO much with their lives and for that I thank God.

I have also seen God's faithfulness to prayers in forming a Global Prayer and Support Team (GPS). I am planning (along with some friends) to meet the first week of June most likely to discuss support raising, awareness, prayers, etc. I am hopeful that from the meeting, we can brainstorm ways I can (with others) be more effective in those areas.

I am reading a book right now by Beth Moore called Breaking Free. It deals with unbelief and the fact that even as "believers" we still wrestle with really believing Him. I know I struggle. I pray that God would continue to give me more belief. He is worthy.

Thank you for all of your love and support. I pray that you are experiencing God's great faithfulness as well!

Love,
Jenny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am always blessed when you openly share your faith journey and testimony! What a powerful journal entry! Thanks for sharing. - R