Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Last days in Bolivia and homecoming

Cheffin' it up in Bolivia
Last meal in Bolivia with my friends/coworkers

Sorry for the long delay in writing... I wanted to post a few final Bolivia pics and update you on how the trip went. It was such a wonderful time, except the last day, I sat in the sun a bit too long and torched myself. I'm still peeling from 3/23. Oops. There were just a few of us left there and my friend from Ecuador brought us shrimp from his farm, so one of my coworkers, the chef at the hotel, Ernesto (from Ecuador) and I cooked for the crew.
My flight left pretty late at night and those who took me to the airport were so sweet, waving and waiting until they could see me no more. I felt very at home there among the people in Bolivia. Such a dear culture.

I returned home to a sweet get-together with my friends, just a nice time to re-connect. My friend Rosemary picked me up from the airport and I just love her chipper attitude. She was great to see first! Luke and Josh made sure I had food that I longed for (fresh veggies and pizza) for dinner and I got to hear what all happened while I was gone. I am incredibly blessed by my friends here!




No comments: