Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Birthdays, Visits, Friends

The Birthday Girl and me
Chris, Josh, Luke, Vanessa, Jenny, Justin, Nate

Vanessa being serenaded at El Serrano's

Stephen and Jenny at the ballgame


Flags at the game


The landing at the ballgame



Josh's birthday dinner in Little Italy


I can't hear you - Baltimore Museum of Art

Hmm. Where do we go from here?

Vanessa taking her shot



Statues
Baltimore Museum of Art steps

Pensive Boys at the museum

Jenny kisses and Luke pats


So much fun has happened since I returned home! We have celebrated a couple of birthdays, gone to Baltimore to hang out, celebrate a birthday, and pick up my cousin Stephen, and celebrated another birthday!

Stephen flew in last week to take me to a baseball game (Phillies vs. his beloved Braves). It was a beautiful day at 75 degrees, perfect baseball weather!

We spent the day he flew in touring Baltimore and celebrating my friend Josh's birthday in the Inner Harbor and Little Italy. We toured the Baltimore Museum of Art, hung out at ESPN Zone, ate in Little Italy, enjoyed food from a wonderful Italian dessert store, and relaxed in the fun atmosphere of Little Italy.

We returned home that evening and continued the fun with my friends, and showed him around Amish country in the days that followed. The baseball game was good, it even went into extra innings and his team beat the Phillies (actually took the series), so he was pretty happy about that! We had great seats, good company, and generally a good day, until we left to go home and got stuck in some pretty intense traffic.

It was great to have him here, and what a blessing!

We celebrated my friend Vanessa's birthday this past weekend with some Peruvian food at El Serrano's. Then ended the night at our friend Josh's house with live jazz on a sax (thanks Joey! joeydundore.com) and a long, interesting talk about love, relationships, and life.

Easter Sunday blessed me as I once again was reminded of God's incredible love and the miracle of Jesus. I spent church service at the Door church and then went to Justin and Vanessa's house for lunch with their family (I think their mom should write a recipe book!). I do have a head cold right now. I think it might be a result of too many changes in climate, etc. In the span of three months, I have gone from extreme cold to extreme heat about 10 times and have been subjected to untold germs and overall exhaustion, so I'm not surprised, but looking forward to it going away!

Alright all - love to you!

















Jenny

No comments: